Opportunity to be more than just an employee
CNC Programmer-5 Axis
Plan machining operations by reviewing work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
Programming mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
Analyze drawings, blueprints and design data in order to calculate correct part dimension for machines, tool selection, machine speeds, and feed rates.
Occasionally set up and operate CNC equipment as needed.
Maintain specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunction; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
Use precision measuring instruments including micrometers and calipers, and fixtures and gauges to check work and perform detailed inspection of parts produced.
Read instrumentation and gauges to accurately measure dimensions on parts being Selecting and setting up proper cutting tools as specified in CNC program.
Using and navigating CNC control screens.
Producing first-run parts and sample work pieces.
Taking measurements, detecting malfunctions, troubleshooting processes, and then adjusting and reprogramming machine controls accordingly.
Assisting with quality control procedures to ensure that the quality of all products meet specifications.
Provide verbal, and written feedback to appropriate members of the manufacturing group.
Record part set-up, programming, and run time through JobBoss when necessary for tracking of time on specific jobs.
High proficiency in general machine shop practices including selection and use of cutting tools and holders, selection and creation of fixtures, feeds and speeds, machine maintenance, etc.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Strong organization and project management skills
- A “hands on” individual who is capable and dedicated to getting the job done with minimal support and supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including with customer), and analytical problem solving and conflict resolutions skills
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and meet strict deadlines
- Using logic and reasoning to offer solutions to problems
- Proficiency with computer software programs (Microsoft products, CAD and CAM software, NX software)
- Experience with manufacturing processes and methods, Lean, Kaizen, Kanban, 5C, 5S, TPM and other advanced manufacturing methodologies, tools and concepts
- Read, analyze and interpret common industrial, manufacturing and technical procedures, professional journals, schematics, diagrams, drawings, and blueprints
Education/Work Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent Previous medical device experience a plus
- Minimum 2 years’ experience setting up and operating CNC Mills and Lathes. Knowledge of G Code, M Code, and 3D tool path creation
- Surfcam experience Familiarity with tool list and set up sheets
- Experience working in a Lean manufacturing environment, ISO, FDA
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs
- Available to work overtime
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands/fingers; reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus